Help Needed Windows 7 RC RRS feed

• Question

• I have downloaded the Windows 7 RC file using flashget download manager. The completed downloaded file appears as index.htm and is 2.36G in size. This does not seem to be the .iso file people are talking about. I have tried to burn this file to a dvd using UltraISO. the burning process seems to have worked, but when I check the disc it is blank. I am not a very technical person and all this is confusing me. Can anyone please offer me some advice on this matter. I am currently using Vista Ultimate SP1. Cheers.
    Friday, May 8, 2009 3:58 AM

Answers

• Did the same thing a few days ago, the Flashget download is useless, disable Flashget and download normally. You may as well delete Flashget D/L as it can not be converted.
    Friday, May 8, 2009 6:59 AM

All replies

• You need the ISO file check here https://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/productkeys/win7-rc-32/enus/  the file is 7100.0.090421-1700_x86fre_client_en-us_retail_ultimate-grc1culfrer_en_dvd.iso
    Friday, May 8, 2009 4:56 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for that. I had used the link you provided but it is still the same thing... downloading index.htm. Is this the correct file?

Friday, May 8, 2009 5:04 AM
  • Dowload it again Here: x86 & x64 sounds like a corrupt file do not confuse .htm with .iso...)

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/download.aspx
    Friday, May 8, 2009 5:12 AM
  • The link I posted will take you to the download of the ISO file, print you're key and download the file make sure it is .ISO
    Friday, May 8, 2009 5:27 AM
  • Did the same thing a few days ago, the Flashget download is useless, disable Flashget and download normally. You may as well delete Flashget D/L as it can not be converted.
    Friday, May 8, 2009 6:59 AM
  • Thanks.... file is now downloading properly. downloading .iso file instead of index.htm. Looks like this flashget was the problem. Again thanks and Cheers.
    Friday, May 8, 2009 7:29 AM
  • Great , glad it's working for you now, have fun
    • Proposed as answer by Kakuseysha Saturday, May 30, 2009 6:44 PM
    Friday, May 8, 2009 1:49 PM
  • You don't need to download it again. Just run a cmd prompt and rename the file to win7.iso (start menu -> run -> cmd -> rename "file directory"\index.htm win7.iso), and then burn it.

And by the way, Flashget is great, the mistakes are from users.

• Proposed as answer by Kakuseysha Saturday, May 30, 2009 6:44 PM
    Saturday, May 30, 2009 6:43 PM