none
MDT - Select UI language is empty/blank RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi guys,

    Issue that I do not understand.
    On my test MDT server, when I install W10 to computer, I can select 4 languages during the WinPe Wizard, during the "locale and time" wizard. It is possible, and after OS deployment, my language selected is applied to computer.

    On the production server, I wanted to make same steps, but the UI Language settings is blank or forced to english only.

    Why?

    The OS Wim file I install on computer ever had the 4 languages I need, but the only difference between prod & test server is that the production server has no packages added in the MDT deployment share/packages folder instead of my test server where I previously added LP for W10 1709 and 1607.

    Do you think that explained my issue?

    Also Wierd thing is on the test server, when I generate boot wim, I've got error about LP injection, so I mean these old LPs are not published in the boot wim, that's why on production server I never added them.

    I need to install computer in different languages, so I found that selecting the LP with the "Locale and time" wizard was a better Idea than create an TS for each OS deployment...

    Thank you

    Thursday, April 11, 2019 3:14 PM

Answers

  • It was my OS imported that was missing languages.

    The wim file was edited with LP included, but I explained previously I didn't re import the wim file in MDT, so MDT have no updated his "database".

    after import step, everything is ok, and my UI Language are available during OSD.

    
    • Marked as answer by Frédéric.G Friday, April 12, 2019 7:16 AM
    Friday, April 12, 2019 7:16 AM

All replies

  • I've just extract my boot wim from my test server, and the only language inside is en-US.

    So this is not my boot wim which is not working.

    Is the UILanguage is available because I created old LP packages ?

    Thursday, April 11, 2019 3:28 PM
  • I think I've found my issue.

    When I checked my OS Wim file property from MDT, there were only en in language list, because I uploaded first an standard wim file in my server and in second times I edited the wim file to add LP inside.

    But I never re imported my wimfile in MDT, I've just replaced the same file.

    So I suppose that MDT "think" I'm working with an EN OS Wim, instead I edited it to have all LP needed.

    Thursday, April 11, 2019 3:43 PM
  • It was my OS imported that was missing languages.

    The wim file was edited with LP included, but I explained previously I didn't re import the wim file in MDT, so MDT have no updated his "database".

    after import step, everything is ok, and my UI Language are available during OSD.

    
    • Marked as answer by Frédéric.G Friday, April 12, 2019 7:16 AM
    Friday, April 12, 2019 7:16 AM