PDF attachments coming from AS400 are being sent and received as .eml file. Can click on the eml and see the PDF. RRS feed

• Question

• This issue is only when email is triggered from AS400 using SMTP.  

All other emails such as Gmail , Yahoo works fine even our internal emails for outlook triggered from AS400 works fine. We are having issues only when email triggered outside of our organization and that to only for customers using Outlook.

I see a similar help ticket but coming from SAP but it didn't have a resolution.  It was in 2018 and Lance Cai has the case.

Any help would be great. 

Thank you,

Barb Visser

AIS Construction Equipment

Friday, June 5, 2020 2:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Barb,

Does it occur to OWA?
    What’s the version of the Outlook client? You may view the detailed build number via File> Office Account > About Outlook.

To help narrow down the issue, please try performing the tests below and see the results:
    1. Instead of using AS400, send a message with PDF attachment from an external email account, and see if it will be received as .EML file in Outlook. 
    2. Regarding “all other emails such as Gmail , Yahoo works fine”, please try adding one of the other emails to Outlook and check if it still works for them. This helps eliminates whether the issue is related to the Outlook desktop client.  

Besides, considering that the issue only occurs when emails are triggered outside your organization, I’d like to suggest going through the mail flow rules set in your Exchange organization and see if you have any relevant transport rules set for external senders. It’s also recommend to try temporarily turning off or disabling the antispam or firewall software to see if there is any difference.

Any findings, please feel free to post back. 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 8, 2020 4:35 AM
  • Hi Barb,

I am writing to check if provided information is helpful. Please let me know if you need further assistance. Thank you.

Regards, 

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 16, 2020 10:01 AM