none
SSL wrapper Java "Insufficient Privileges" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I install Firefox 3.5 (because UAG support this version) on Win7 32 and 64 bit both.

When I click one SSL Wrapper application (TS client tunneling), everything seems fine when install Java applet.

After launch applet, there is an error "Insufficient Privileges - The requested operation requires you to log on to the endpoint with either of the following privileges : Local administrator"

I am sure I login to Windows as local admin. What's going on?

邁格行動 技術顧問 George 小顧 部落格: http://www.magg.com.tw/blog/
    Friday, August 5, 2011 2:16 PM

Answers

• Hi Amig@. That could happen if the application is trying to write an entry in the HOSTS file. No matter if logged on as an administrator the writing in that file will not be allowed. The question here is why TS client tunneling behaves that way. It should work without having to write the hosts file. Could you give more details of the configuration of the application?

Regards

// Raúl - I love this game
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Friday, August 26, 2011 10:37 PM
    Friday, August 5, 2011 6:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Amig@. That could happen if the application is trying to write an entry in the HOSTS file. No matter if logged on as an administrator the writing in that file will not be allowed. The question here is why TS client tunneling behaves that way. It should work without having to write the hosts file. Could you give more details of the configuration of the application?

Regards

// Raúl - I love this game
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Friday, August 26, 2011 10:37 PM
    Friday, August 5, 2011 6:09 PM
  • TS client app is just an sample.

All app that configurate "Disabled" on Client settings tab are the same behavior on Win 7.

Is there any way that Firefox on Win 7 that can use SSL wrapper?

邁格行動 技術顧問 George 小顧 部落格: http://www.magg.com.tw/blog/
    Sunday, August 7, 2011 1:47 PM