Where has my desktop gone RRS feed

• Question

• I go to save a Word 2010 document, hoping to put it on my desktop

I click SAVE AS but cannot find mention of DESKTOP anywhere

How do I find my desktop ?

Saturday, January 8, 2011 4:36 PM

Answers

• Hi XpHappy
    When you navigate to the SAVE AS option you should be presented with a default page for how Word has been instructed to save your files.

However, on the Left hand side is a list of folders and locations, which might need navigating using the Blue Vertical bar. You should see Desktop as one of the options  often towards the top of the listing

Hope that this helps.  Rgds   Pat

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, January 17, 2011 8:28 AM
    Sunday, January 9, 2011 12:54 PM
  • If there is no folder list as described by 39Namaste above, look in the "breadcrumb bar" at the top of the Save box. It usually looks like this or something similar:

>> Libraries > Documents 

If you click the icon to the left of Libraries (the far left "block" in the path bar), you can select and choose Desktop as the location.

If this was helpful, please vote by clicking the green triangle. If it solves the issue, click Propose as Answer. Thanks!
    Sunday, January 9, 2011 5:07 PM

All replies

• Hi XpHappy
    When you navigate to the SAVE AS option you should be presented with a default page for how Word has been instructed to save your files.

However, on the Left hand side is a list of folders and locations, which might need navigating using the Blue Vertical bar. You should see Desktop as one of the options  often towards the top of the listing

Hope that this helps.  Rgds   Pat

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Sunday, January 9, 2011 12:54 PM
  • If there is no folder list as described by 39Namaste above, look in the "breadcrumb bar" at the top of the Save box. It usually looks like this or something similar:

>> Libraries > Documents 

If you click the icon to the left of Libraries (the far left "block" in the path bar), you can select and choose Desktop as the location.

If this was helpful, please vote by clicking the green triangle. If it solves the issue, click Propose as Answer. Thanks!
    Sunday, January 9, 2011 5:07 PM