none
RCDC Events Stopped Working after R2 Upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• I updated my dev server a month ago to FIM 2010 R2 (without the SP1). It went fairly smoothly, except for the foundation (upgrade that *after* upgrading FIM). One persistent issue - an event in the group RCDC do not appear to be functioning after the upgrade.

The event is "OnChangeAccount" in the Group Create/Edit RCDC, which appears to be the one checking for the existence of other groups. I can enter a duplicate name for AccountName and the check doesn't happen in my upgraded R2 database.

To investigate, I did a fresh install by uninstalling FIM Service & Portal, removed the FIMService database, reinstalled. In the fresh install, the duplicate check works just fine for AccountName. I copied these fresh RCDCs for reference sake. Upon comparing to fresh RCDCs from FIM 2010, I see there is one single change, the addition of this header:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

I then restored my production database, and used the fresh RCDC - the AccountName check did not work.

I notice in all cases, the checkbox event which shows/hides the email field when creating a Security Group works just fine.

I'm out of ideas on this one.

Much thanks for any considered response!

Ken

Friday, February 8, 2013 12:16 AM

Answers

• Hi Ken

You can have a different approach for the Uniqueness check for the AccountName attribute

<my:Property my:Name="UniquenessValidationXPath" my:Value="" />

so for your Create RCDC Use: 

<my:Property my:Name="UniquenessValidationXPath" my:Value="/Group[AccountName='%VALUE%']" />

and for your Edit RCDC Use: 

<my:Property my:Name="UniquenessValidationXPath" my:Value="/Group[AccountName='%VALUE%' and not(ObjectID='%ObjectID%')]" />

Regards Furqan Asghar

• Marked as answer by Ken Bonnin Jr Friday, February 8, 2013 6:13 PM
    Friday, February 8, 2013 3:57 AM

All replies

• Hi Ken

You can have a different approach for the Uniqueness check for the AccountName attribute

<my:Property my:Name="UniquenessValidationXPath" my:Value="" />

so for your Create RCDC Use: 

<my:Property my:Name="UniquenessValidationXPath" my:Value="/Group[AccountName='%VALUE%']" />

and for your Edit RCDC Use: 

<my:Property my:Name="UniquenessValidationXPath" my:Value="/Group[AccountName='%VALUE%' and not(ObjectID='%ObjectID%')]" />

Regards Furqan Asghar

• Marked as answer by Ken Bonnin Jr Friday, February 8, 2013 6:13 PM
    Friday, February 8, 2013 3:57 AM
  • for checking uniqueness in the RCDC...

Cheers,

(HOPEFULLY THIS INFORMATION HELPS YOU!)
    Jorge de Almeida Pinto | MVP Identity & Access - Directory Services

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    * This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights!
    * Always evaluate/test yourself before using/implementing this!
    * DISCLAIMER:
    http://jorgequestforknowledge.wordpress.com/disclaimer/
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ################# Jorge's Quest For Knowledge ###############
    ###### BLOG URL:
    http://JorgeQuestForKnowledge.wordpress.com/ #####
    #### RSS Feed URL:
    http://jorgequestforknowledge.wordpress.com/feed/ ####
    <>

"Ken Bonnin Jr" wrote in message news:e689f246-4e00-4c3f-995d-7cd2b82c24d2@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

I updated my dev server a month ago to FIM 2010 R2 (without the SP1). It went fairly smoothly, except for the foundation (upgrade that *after* upgrading FIM). One persistent issue - an event in the group RCDC do not appear to be functioning after the upgrade.

The event is "OnChangeAccount" in the Group Create/Edit RCDC, which appears to be the one checking for the existence of other groups. I can enter a duplicate name for AccountName and the check doesn't happen in my upgraded R2 database.

To investigate, I did a fresh install by uninstalling FIM Service & Portal, removed the FIMService database, reinstalled. In the fresh install, the duplicate check works just fine for AccountName. I copied these fresh RCDCs for reference sake. Upon comparing to fresh RCDCs from FIM 2010, I see there is one single change, the addition of this header:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

I then restored my production database, and used the fresh RCDC - the AccountName check did not work.

I notice in all cases, the checkbox event which shows/hides the email field when creating a Security Group works just fine.

I'm out of ideas on this one.

Much thanks for any considered response!

Ken

Jorge de Almeida Pinto [MVP-DS] | Principal Consultant | BLOG: http://jorgequestforknowledge.wordpress.com/
    Friday, February 8, 2013 10:08 AM
  • Worked like a charm, Furqan. Much obliged!

Friday, February 8, 2013 6:14 PM
  • Jorge, thanks for your much more detailed response. I find myself at your site from time-to-time, and you've been a life saver.
    Friday, February 8, 2013 6:15 PM