Exchange 2010 SP3 RU11 Transport Rule Monitoring RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to check how many emails are hitting transport rules and which transport rule.

Exchange 2010 SP3 RU11

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 9:45 AM

Answers

• Sorry, because of I set ResultSize equal to Unlimited, but not specify the date range.

You can run Get-MessageTrackingLog with Start and End parameter. For example:
    Get-TransportServer | Get-MessageTrackingLog -Start "05/27/2017" -End "06/01/2017" -ResultSize Unlimited | ? {($_.EventID -eq "AgentInfo")}| ? {$_.EventData -like "*ruleID*"} | FL sender,Recipients,MessageSubject,EventData

Best Regards,

Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 1, 2017 10:58 AM

All replies

• Hello,

To find out the transport rule for existing mail flow, we need use message tracking log to check the rule information (i.e. rule ID) and also actions.

For example:
    Get-TransportServer | Get-MessageTrackingLog  -ResultSize Unlimited | ? {($_.EventID -eq "AgentInfo")}| ? {$_.EventData -like "*ruleID*"} | FL sender,Recipients,MessageSubject,EventData
    Figure as below:

We can find transport rule by "RuleID" and "Action" in EventData.

Then, we can run below command to find rule by RuleID:
    Get-TransportRule | FL Name,Description,GUID

If you need find the item about anti-spam agents, we need enable agent log. More details, refer to:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124795(v=exchg.150).aspx

Best Regards,

Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 8:24 AM
  • Thanks for replying, however, the cmdlet runs for eternity.
    Wednesday, May 31, 2017 11:54 AM
  • Sorry, because of I set ResultSize equal to Unlimited, but not specify the date range.

You can run Get-MessageTrackingLog with Start and End parameter. For example:
    Get-TransportServer | Get-MessageTrackingLog -Start "05/27/2017" -End "06/01/2017" -ResultSize Unlimited | ? {($_.EventID -eq "AgentInfo")}| ? {$_.EventData -like "*ruleID*"} | FL sender,Recipients,MessageSubject,EventData

Best Regards,

Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.

Thursday, June 1, 2017 10:58 AM