Save As Dialog Box RRS feed

• General discussion

• Something I'm missing in the Save As Dialog Box (in Vista as well as Windows 7) is the "Up one level" button.

When you save something, it'll always default to the previous location. If you don't want it, you can go to a sub-folder with one click, to a root folder with one click, but no longer to the parent folder with one click.

Am I missing something ?

Thanks

Darzil

Thursday, January 29, 2009 12:10 PM

All replies

• Yes we all miss the Up one Level button, but you should have the folder tree on the left, can you not click the parent folder there?
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 12:50 PM
  • DarzilNorthshield said:

Something I'm missing in the Save As Dialog Box (in Vista as well as Windows 7) is the "Up one level" button.

When you save something, it'll always default to the previous location. If you don't want it, you can go to a sub-folder with one click, to a root folder with one click, but no longer to the parent folder with one click.

Am I missing something ?

Thanks

Darzil

Yes, they've made the Save As box look much more like an Explorer window.  Thus you can achieve the same ends by using the folder tree in the left pane, or by clicking in the breadcrumb trail, upper left.

I've got mixed feelings about the "up a level" button - I'm OK without it, but wouldn't object to it reappearing, especially if it were optional.

Thursday, January 29, 2009 1:46 PM