Excel object in Word RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've been experiencing this issue for quite some time and it's becoming quite tedious correcting it each time. I have an excel sheet embedded in Word which I regularly revisit to edit etc.

After a while the object is converted to an image and when I right click and select the 'object' line for me to edit it as an excel sheet, I get an error message stating: "the object is corrupt or is no longer available".

I don't quite understand the error and keep having to re create the format of this embedded sheet is such a waste of time. Please let me know what the cause is. I don't have any 'add ins' installed. I run on Office 365.I tried searching for a similar issue on Google but couldn't find one. How do I prevent it from converting to an image?

I sometimes double click on the sheet, make some changes, exit it to continue with my word document, and when returning to the sheet (in the same document, within the same hour, without closing the document), it gives the above error.

Thanks.

Friday, March 17, 2017 11:21 AM

All replies

• Have you tried repairing the Office installation (via Windows Control Panel > Programs > Programs & Features > Microsoft Office (version) > Change > Repair)?

A useful workaround might be to maintain the data in a separate worksheet, then copy the desired range and paste it into Word using Paste Special, with the 'paste link' option and the Excel worksheet format. That way, you can edit the data without opening Word or, even if Word is open, by opening the worksheet in Excel and editing it there. Either way, the Word document will automatically update to reflect whatever's been saved in the worksheet. Should anything happen to the link, re-establishing it is as easy as the copy/paste special outlined above - without the need to recreate the data and formatting.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Friday, March 17, 2017 12:36 PM