none
Printing Security Groups and their descriptions

Question

• Hi

I need to print a list of all security groups and their descriptions. We run Windows Server 2013.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Terry

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 11:48 AM

All replies

• Hi

I need to print a list of all security groups and their descriptions. We run Windows Server 2013.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Terry

I'm assuming you meant Windows Server 2012.  If my assumption is correct you can use Get-ADGroup from a DC to get this information.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee617196.aspx

Get-ADGroup -Filter * | where {$_.GroupCategory -eq "Security"}

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 2:22 PM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, January 13, 2017 9:20 AM