none
Project Server 2010 Risk Reporting not available RRS feed

• Question

• I altered a project site and configured the Risk and Issues list and ran the OLAP cubes, but no report data was available. Come to think of it, when I ran the OLAP cubes, it i did not ask me to include any new fields I created in the Project Site (SharePoint) lists. So I looked at the Sample Reports a second time and no reporting data exists.

Where do I get reporting for Risks and Issues on Project Sites?

Monday, October 1, 2012 10:03 AM

Answers

• Hi,

When you said configured the risk and issues list do you mean change the structure of the lists? A limitation with Project Server is that if you directly edit the risk or issues lists, the sync back between them to the Reporting DB and cubes will fail (you will be able to see this in the Queue).

The usual workaround is to leave the out of the box risk and issue items in situ, but use content types to add additional and hide unwanted fields. This will keep the integration working, but will not sync the additional fields back to the cubes or reporting db. There are a number of third party products out there (ipmo.com.au have one as do cps.co.uk) that create a data mart of list data that you can then report against.

I hope this makes sense.

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

• Marked as answer by dovendaven1 Tuesday, October 23, 2012 5:03 PM
    Tuesday, October 2, 2012 2:30 AM

All replies

• Hi there--

After creating the Issues/Risks, did you run the OLAP cube?
    Please run the below queries in reporting database.

select * from MSP_WssIssue
    select * from MSP_WssRisk

select * from MSP_WssRisk_OlapView
    select * from MSP_WssIssue_OlapView
    Do you get any records?

If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”. Thanks, Amit Khare |EPM Consultant| Blog: http://amitkhare82.blogspot.com http://www.linkedin.com/in/amitkhare82

Monday, October 1, 2012 11:33 AM
  • Hi,

When you said configured the risk and issues list do you mean change the structure of the lists? A limitation with Project Server is that if you directly edit the risk or issues lists, the sync back between them to the Reporting DB and cubes will fail (you will be able to see this in the Queue).

The usual workaround is to leave the out of the box risk and issue items in situ, but use content types to add additional and hide unwanted fields. This will keep the integration working, but will not sync the additional fields back to the cubes or reporting db. There are a number of third party products out there (ipmo.com.au have one as do cps.co.uk) that create a data mart of list data that you can then report against.

I hope this makes sense.

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

• Marked as answer by dovendaven1 Tuesday, October 23, 2012 5:03 PM
    Tuesday, October 2, 2012 2:30 AM