none
UAG Accounts RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

What UAG account do you usually have?

1 x UAGAdmin Group...with UAG admins inside?

And, if you have an array, do you have another UAG_Inter_Array_Comms_Account?

Anything else?

Regards

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 2:30 PM

Answers

• The usage of security groups would be acceptable. The individual user accounts just need to be recognized as a trusted local administrator.  

Regards

Dennis

• Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, April 14, 2010 12:25 AM
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 5:24 PM

All replies

• Hello,

For Domain Joined UAG w/ user authentication set for AD.

I typically have 2 accounts.

1) First account is for the administrator to use to manage UAG.  This account should be local administrator on the box.  It doesnt need to be a domain administrator although it could be.

2) Second account I use for setting up my Active Directory repository,  and I use the same account as the NLB array account.  Note that using it for NLB array account, it also does not need to be domain admin but it does need to be local administrator on UAG.

If you want to count a 3rd account, that is the local administrator (local to the machine) which I use to view the UAG Web Monitor...

You could break up the AD repository account and the array account into two if you prefer...

Thanks

Dennis
    Celestix Networks.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 5:08 PM
  • Dennis,

Thanks for that feedback.

As opposed to point 1) where you have a single account to administer UAG, could this be a UAG_Admin_Group instead...with a few members inside it?

Regards

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 5:21 PM
  • The usage of security groups would be acceptable. The individual user accounts just need to be recognized as a trusted local administrator.  

Regards

Dennis

• Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, April 14, 2010 12:25 AM
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 5:24 PM
  • Got it, thanks.
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 8:36 PM