none
Un-joining server (2012) from old domain; when joined to new domain, AD accounts unable to log in RRS feed

• Question

• Hey everyone; I am hoping someone might be able to help out. We are currently working on upgrading our domain controllers as well as creating a new domain. Our old domain is "example.com" and the new domain is "ad.example.com." I have also created a parallel environment in AD so the user objects, groups and OUs are identical in new and old as far as names (I did not migrate SID-history). 

So now, I want to unjoin a server in our development-environment and re-join to the new domain. I am able to successfully join 'ad.example.com' (new domain) and log in using the local admin account. General functionality seems fine with local accounts. However if I try to log in with my domain account, my domain-admin account, or any test accounts on the domain "ad.example.com" it is hanging on: "Please wait for User Profile Service" - after a minute of spinning, it times out and boots me from my attempted RDP session with the error: "The User Profile Service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded" . Meaning there doesn't seem to be network issues, the server is acknowledging my request but it does not log me in.

Here is the snippet from Event Viewer regarding the error:

Product Name: Microsoft Windows Operating System

Product Vers: 6.2.9200.16384

Event ID: 1500

Event Source: Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service

Locale ID: 1033

General: Windows cannot log you on because your profile cannot be loaded. Check that you are connected to the network, and that your network is functioning correctly. 

DETAIL - Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed.

I have attempted multiple restarts of the machine, joined and unjoined to the domain, explicity added user accounts to the remote access security group. In all, I am not exactly sure where to go from here, so if anyone had any advice it would be very much appreciated. 

-Ryan S

Monday, September 15, 2014 7:41 PM

All replies

• This forum is dedicated to support Rights Management Services. Your question will probably not answered in this forum. 
    I want encourage you to post your question to the 

Directory Services forum - http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverDS

Thank you,
    Lutz
    Thursday, October 2, 2014 2:11 AM