powershell parelled executes RRS feed

• Question

• Hi expects

Need some advice about powershell

i coined a scripts that checks a response from a website .inside for each loop i check the response from more than 3 thousand urls .

the script works perfect and i get the desired output . but the execution time is very high as the sites are checked one by one .

I have read many sites about multi threading but they are too complex to understand and also most of them talk about multiple remote computers .

Is there a way i can run the script in parallel in like 5 windows and get the output in a single file so that i can cut down the execution time .

Can you help me with a simple example how i can run the scripts in parallel suppose i filter the urls according to location so that for each location the script runs parallel ..

please advise ...or suggest me how can i achieve this

tanveer

Monday, August 7, 2017 5:53 AM

Answers

• Just search for PowerShell on Amazon.  You will find dozens.  Read the reviews and pick one you like.

\_(ツ)_/

• Marked as answer by tanveer.attar Monday, August 7, 2017 6:07 AM
    Monday, August 7, 2017 6:06 AM

All replies

• help about_workflow

You need to start by learning PowerShell.  There are many books that will teach you the basics of PowerShell.

\_(ツ)_/

Monday, August 7, 2017 6:02 AM
  • Hi Jrv

working on it :)

can you suggest some good books and some links to achieve this ...i would love to go through them..

thank you for the help as always

tanveer

Monday, August 7, 2017 6:04 AM
  • Just search for PowerShell on Amazon.  You will find dozens.  Read the reviews and pick one you like.

\_(ツ)_/

• Marked as answer by tanveer.attar Monday, August 7, 2017 6:07 AM
    Monday, August 7, 2017 6:06 AM