Export Healthvault Data to CSV RRS feed

• Question

• Either I'm doing something wrong or possibly the Export to a spreadsheet functionality isn't working correctly when exporting all items.

Following the instructions in HealthVault help in the "Saving health information as a spreadsheet" section I've tried exporting all items and individual items. I can export individual sections and the information is in the CSV file, but when I try to export all I just get a CSV file named "Base Thing Type.csv" with four columns (Summary, Type, Date, Source, and Signed). Summary column is blank, Type column only contains the header such as Medication, Condition, etc, Date column contains the date the item was originally added, Source column is blank for my entries through HealthVault and contains "Health Manager" for the Mayo app I tested. The Signed column is populated with "No" for all rows.

For reference, here are the instructions I'm following to export all items:

Saving health information as a spreadsheet

A spreadsheet is handy if you want a copy of your information on paper, or you’d like to bring a printout to your doctor’s office.<madcap:conditionaltext madcap:conditions="HVConditions.HasCCRorCCD">The CCR and CCD formats are used to transfer patient health information between clinical systems.</madcap:conditionaltext> <![CDATA[ ]]>

To save health information as a spreadsheet:

1. Sign in to HealthVault.
    2. On the left side of the page, click Health information.
    3. To export one type of health information, click the name of the type of information you want to save.                    
      —OR—
      To export more than one type of health information, click the More actions menu, and click View all.
    4. Select items to export.
    5. Click Export.
    6. Click Save.

Your information will be saved in a spreadsheet format (.csv) that can be opened in Excel or other spreadsheet software.

Friday, January 4, 2013 4:30 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately, exporting all items as a csv wont be able to give you the information that you want. Since the information has different types of values we don't have an easy way to produce a csv with specific details. You will want to go through the individual types and export. Individual types have more information, i.e., click on medications then do an export to csv..

• Marked as answer by Ack99 Monday, January 7, 2013 4:04 PM
    Sunday, January 6, 2013 1:37 AM

All replies

• Unfortunately, exporting all items as a csv wont be able to give you the information that you want. Since the information has different types of values we don't have an easy way to produce a csv with specific details. You will want to go through the individual types and export. Individual types have more information, i.e., click on medications then do an export to csv..

• Marked as answer by Ack99 Monday, January 7, 2013 4:04 PM
    Sunday, January 6, 2013 1:37 AM
  • Thank you. As I became more familiar with HealthVault over the last few days, I suspected that might be the case. Exporting the individual types will give me the user-friendly back up of my data that I'm seeking so that will work. I plan to also backup with either CCD or CCR exports, but a spreadsheet is much easier for me to work with if necessary.

As a side note, I've just started using HealthVault and like it; I also appreciate that Microsoft makes this available to us.

Monday, January 7, 2013 4:08 PM