none
mail flow from outside through Exchange 2013 to office 365

Question

• Hi

I am just wondering if I have problem for example when I send e mail from hotmail.com to my user on premise mail flows ok. But if I send e mail from hotmail to user that is office 365 mail doesnt go.

Would you say that there is problem with send connector or something else

MX record at this point are still pointing to Exchange on premise as well as autodiscover

Dalibor Bosic

Friday, July 21, 2017 3:02 AM

All replies

• Do you have directory synchronization in place?  A hybrid configuration?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Friday, July 21, 2017 3:19 AM
  • yes i do

Dalibor Bosic

Friday, July 21, 2017 3:20 AM
  • Was the Office 365 mailbox moved from on-premises?  Is there an on-premises user that's configured as a remote mailbox?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Friday, July 21, 2017 6:57 AM
  • yes I have used EAC to create user on office 365 and when I send mail internally this user is getting mail however externally this doesnt happen.

Dalibor Bosic

Sunday, July 23, 2017 4:34 AM
  • Hi,

It seems you’ve configured centralized mail transport. In this scenario, Exchange Online is provisioned with EOP and incoming Internet mail is routed to your on-premises mail server before being routed to EOP and finally to mailboxes hosted in Exchange Online. 

Exchange 2013, the HCW creates an on-premises send connector called “Outbound to Office 365” but does not create a new receive connector.

It’s recommended to rerun the HCW and check the results.

If it still doesn’t work, please run the command: Get-hybridmailflow

You can also refer to the article below for troubleshooting steps:

Office 365 – Common Exchange Online Hybrid Mail Flow Issues

Please note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. And the changes made in the above blog is not supported officially by Microsoft.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 24, 2017 9:52 AM
  • You should track the message and/or use protocol logging to make sure the message arrives in your Exchange server and find out what is done with it.

Monday, July 24, 2017 6:47 PM
  • if you have proper directory sync and hybrid configured and you move mailbox from on-prem to O365 you should left with remote mailbox on-prem with "usr@tenant.mail.onmicrosoft.com" as target address and mail flow should work fine in either case , on-prem -> O365 or internet -> on-prem -> o365 (in case of central mail flow configuration)

Thanks, AJ

Monday, July 24, 2017 7:59 PM
  • Hi,

How are things going? Please give some updates if you have time. Thanks.

Regards,

Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 2:08 AM