SCOM - SFB Watcher Node - Multiple PowerShell Instances - CPU 100% RRS feed

• Question

• I am running SFB watcher node on the management server. All the 10 pools are configured with WN. I could notice that multiple powershell instances are launched by SCOM agent for all the Skype pools that I have configured and hence the CPU reaches 100%. This makes the server unresponsive for about 30 sec in every 10 min it starts.

The powershell script that SCOM agent triggers is MainSTExecuter.ps1 for each pools separately.

I would like to know the possibility of starting the watcher node powershell instances gradually over the 10 min instead of launching all at the same time. This will help to balance the CPU when it's idle for remaining 9 min.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:42 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Please check whether you can set sync time by overriding the rule. The article below should be helpful for you:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/kevinholman/2014/01/08/using-the-sync-time-property-in-workflows-and-overrides/

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 20, 2017 9:17 AM
  • Hello Yan, I was able to check this parameter with SCOM team earlier and they told me, the management pack was not built in to allow separation of tests.

If you see this solution would work to invoke the powershell instances separately for each pool, I would appreciate if you can share the steps to accomplish it.

Thursday, April 20, 2017 3:49 PM