Uninstall Exchange 2010 SP1 on UM RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone point me in the direction of removing Exchange 2010 SP1 from a Unified Messaging role server?

Our Exchange installation consists of 5 servers. 2 Mailbox, 2 CAS/HT, 1 UM. We put SP1 on the UM box and not the others. We found that the SIP trunk to our Mitel 3300 MXe II infrastructure is now completely hosed. First noticed that the MWI feature no longer worked without listing extension in the Mitel SIP Profile Assignment form. This was found to be due to the fact that Exchange UM is now sending the SIP Notify FROM: the extension dialed (the one that was left a voicemail) TO: the extension dialed. Prior to SP1 this was FROM: Exch_UM_Host@domain.com which was recognized by the 3300 platform as a valid sender because its FQDN is defined as a Network Element in the 3300 config.

If you call an extension from a line outside the 3300 (pri, analog, etc.) and that extension is forwarded to voicemail, the call is dropped. We have also discovered the Find Me feature results in all calls being dropped when a person chooses to accept a call. One-way conversations result when someone calls from outside the 3300 infrastructure to a UM auto attendant configured for directory search. If you select an extension and that extension is forwarded to another extension, the person on an internal phone cannot hear the outside caller.

These are not the only issues experienced, but they are bad enough. Was the SIP protocol changed drastically or did something go wrong when we upgraded rollup 4 to SP1?

We are desperate here, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 12:47 AM

Answers

• Hi Peter,

The only way to roll back UM 2010 SP1 is to reinstall UM 2010.  One of the main reasons for this is that when UM 2010 SP1 is installed, speech server is removed.

Thanks,
    Kevin Ca - MSFT

Monday, October 18, 2010 12:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Peter,

The only way to roll back UM 2010 SP1 is to reinstall UM 2010.  One of the main reasons for this is that when UM 2010 SP1 is installed, speech server is removed.

Thanks,
    Kevin Ca - MSFT

Monday, October 18, 2010 12:50 AM
  • Hi Peter,

We also have a Mitel 3300 and Exchange 2010 SP1... did you ever find a way to get the "find me" function to work properly with this integration? We also have the problem where the call is dropped when the user chooses to accept it. I thought it was most likely an option in the SIP Peer profile for Exchange on the Mitel and have been trying various things, but haven't found it yet. This is the last of the issues we had after the SP1 upgrade that I'm trying to fix, and Mitel haven't exactly been useful in finding the solutions for any of them.

Many thanks in advance.

Graeme Clark

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 8:56 PM