locked
Can't load Office macros with sequenced applications. RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    We have several applications that try to open a macro within Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel. When these applications are runned locally on the client machine (in this case XenApp server) everything works just fine. However, whenever I try to sequence those apps, during the sequencing stage everything goes fine as well, Word or Excel opens and the Macro loads fine (Sequencing machine is similar to the XenApp server, Office 2003 is installed locally on both machines).

    When I save the package and launch it on the XenApp server, either as a regular user or admin user the applications work but the macro's within word or Excel don''t. I always get this error:

    System error &H80040111 (-2147221231). ClassFactory cannot supply requested class.
    Insufficient memory.

    And the Macro doesn't load. I checked with procmon and there are no files it cannot find. Tried Office 2003 & Office 2010, tried locally installed Office and sequence Office with the application but there's always this error.

    OS: Windows 2008 R2/SP1 fullly updated, App-V 4.6 SP1, Office 2003/2010

    Thanks in advance!

    Edit:

    One more addition, I tried to set:

    <POLICIES><LOCAL_INTERACTION_ALLOWED>FALSE</LOCAL_INTERACTION_ALLOWED></POLICIES> to TRUE but when I do that Excel or Word don't launch at all anymore.

    Wednesday, August 15, 2012 11:44 AM

All replies

  • Hello,

    How did you sequence them?

    Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

    Wednesday, August 15, 2012 12:28 PM
  • Hi, thanks for your reply.

    I'm not sure what you mean by that but I sequenced the apps using just the standard settings, so with the sequencing wizard. After sequencing I launched the applications, click through everything, make sure everything works (which it does), run the optimize part and save the package.

    So it's pretty much a very basic sequence, no exclusions or any other fancy settings.

    Wednesday, August 15, 2012 12:44 PM
  • Hello,

    OK - Office is usually never a "standard" or "default" so never seen anyone do that. Sorry, no ideas what could have gone wrong in that case - if the Procmon log doesn't tell you what activity goes about in the background I can't say that there is anything else I would look at

    Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

    Wednesday, August 15, 2012 12:51 PM
  • Ah no I mean Office is installed locally, when I tried sequencing Office 2010 with the application I was using the MS KB article (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/983462). (I never tried sequencing Office 2003). The local Office 2003 installation is just a standard roll-out using Microsoft Office Customization Toolkit.

    What's so weird is that during the sequencing of the application everything works like it supposed to work, even when sequencing Office 2010 with the application, but it always breaks on the client machine with that error message. The only difference between the sequencer and the client machine is that XenApp is not installed on the sequencer (and of course the App-V client).

    I'll try again with a fresh, new installation of the App-V sequence machine and the client machine. I have two apps that generate this error and these are two of our main applications that everybody is using so I have to make it work with App-V. If anybody has any other idea please let me know!

    Thanks for your help so far!
    Wednesday, August 15, 2012 1:04 PM