none
Daily Alerts for Same Problem, But Alerts Only Show Inactive RRS feed

• Question

• I'm getting the following alerts daily regarding two of my Server 2016 virtual machines. We never seem to see any alert notifications only the resolved ones. But I'm assuming something must not be right as I don't get it from any other virtual or physical machines.

The following alert became inactive at 01/02/2018
    20:40:07.

The replica of Non VSS Datasource Writer on
    ... is inconsistent with the protected data source. All
    protection activities for this data source will fail until the replica is
    synchronized with consistency check. 

Changes for  Non
    VSS Datasource Writer on SCCVSHARK.springwellcc.org cannot be applied to
    C:\WindowsImageBackup\...\Backup 2018-02-01 200024\BackupSpecs.xml. 

For more information, open DPM Administrator Console and
    review the alert details in the Monitoring task area.

Logging into DPM console straight after the notifications shows "Replica inconsistent, running verification" tasks for System Protection on each of associated servers. These complete fine and things return to normal.

We're using DPM 2012 R2.

Any ideas why this might be happening?

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, February 1, 2018 8:57 PM

Answers

• housekeeping - closing old post.

It seems that BMR backup is failing which triggered an alert, then auto-rerun is fixing it so the alert becomes inactive.   You would need to look at the Windows Server Backup log on the protected server to see why it's failing the first time.

Regards
    Mike Jacquet

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, January 3, 2020 9:35 PM