Beep during PSTN call RRS feed

• Question

• Recently we replace our PBX solution for Microsoft Lync. We are facing a problem that is as follows:

During a call to the PSTN repeatedly heard a beep with 1 second duration. When this happens we cant hear  the person on the other side is speaking and no one can hear us.

Our voice gateway is an Audiocodes mediant 1000 on the PSTN via E1 ISDN link.

I believe it is something with the Audiocodes gateway, anyone has gone through a similar situation?
    Wednesday, October 31, 2012 3:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,Franciso,

Would you please verify that if you have enabled Media Bypass on your trunk?If so try to disable it and restart Mediation server to have a test.

Also please try to run Set-CsTrunkConfiguration -RTCPActiveCalls $False to see if it works.

If still no luck,enable Lync server logging on Mediation Server and collect S4,SipStack and Mediation Server logs then use Snooper to analyze the log .

For how to use Lync server logging tool please check below link

http://www.ultimate-communications.com/2010/11/how-to-troubleshoot-lync-using-lync-server-logging-tool-snooper-v4/

And another old case just for your reference.

Regards,

Sharon

Sharon Shen

TechNet Community Support

************************************************************************************************************************

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.

Thursday, November 1, 2012 10:43 AM
  • Sharon, thanks for reply. I believe it is not a question involving Lync, because I have two gateways, one mediant 800 and one mediant 1000, these beeps occur only by mediant 1000. Both are gateways with E1 ISDN trunks. Both trunks are with the same settings in Lync.

Just to complement...not a beep that happens but a DTMF tone.

I'm checking with AudioCodes support. Im keep the forum informed.

Thursday, November 1, 2012 6:15 PM
  • It almost sounds like the call-on-hold beep the AudioCodes provides (which is typically enabled by default) - but of course it should only be calls that are marked as on hold.  Is it on and maybe playing in error?  This one is really strange.

Richard

Richard Brynteson, Avtex, Lync MCM

Friday, November 2, 2012 2:31 AM
  • Hi Francisco,

Have you got a fix to this problem. I have around 30 AudioCodes MP-124's and most of them have the same problem. Beep sound during call.

Thanks.

Saturday, August 31, 2013 5:21 AM
  • Hello Francisco, 

I had the same problem, you probably could have solved it, but anyway..

You just need to use the correct CPT file for your region.

Diógenes Neto

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 2:12 PM