Lync SBA & Response Groups RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a SE Lync deployment with Enterprise voice.

All Lync services are in the primary site.

I am adding a SBA to the primary site for resilience and all users use this as their primary registrar and the FE as their backup registrar.

Inbound calls come in via ISDN cards on the SBA and go to response groups on the FE.

My question is that if the Lync FE server goes down and the SBA kicks in with limited Lync functionality how can I continue to process inbound calls that were going to the response groups?

Its my understanding that response groups don't survive a FE Lync outage.

My design goals must have the inbound numbers continue to work in the event of a FE failure

Thanks
    Alan

Thursday, August 30, 2012 9:43 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You are right , response group doesn't work during central site outage or FE pool failure.

Deploying multiple EE frontend servers in the pool is an option , but it don't work on site level outage.

Thanks

Saleesh

If answer is helpful, please hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer.

• Proposed as answer by Kent-Huang Monday, September 3, 2012 1:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kent-Huang Thursday, September 6, 2012 9:20 AM
    Thursday, August 30, 2012 10:34 AM
  • Hi,

Response Group would not be available if branch site’s WAN connection to a central site fails or if the central site is unreachable. It will be available only if your resiliency solution is a full-scale Microsoft Lync Server 2010 deployment at the branch site.

For details:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398715.aspx

Regards,

Kent Huang

TechNet Community Support ************************************************************************************************************************ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.

• Edited by Kent-Huang Friday, August 31, 2012 5:58 AM
    Friday, August 31, 2012 5:58 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You are right , response group doesn't work during central site outage or FE pool failure.

Deploying multiple EE frontend servers in the pool is an option , but it don't work on site level outage.

Thanks

Saleesh

If answer is helpful, please hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer.

Thursday, August 30, 2012 10:34 AM
  • Hi,

Response Group would not be available if branch site’s WAN connection to a central site fails or if the central site is unreachable. It will be available only if your resiliency solution is a full-scale Microsoft Lync Server 2010 deployment at the branch site.

For details:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398715.aspx

Regards,

Kent Huang

TechNet Community Support ************************************************************************************************************************ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.

• Edited by Kent-Huang Friday, August 31, 2012 5:58 AM
    Friday, August 31, 2012 5:58 AM
  • Hello,

Has this limitation changed with Lync 2013 ?

For instance with Audio Codecs Mediant 1000 series or higher. These appliances are still running Lync 2010 internally I believe.

Greeting,

Richard

Monday, April 7, 2014 2:35 PM