none
Enable Vt-x in Windows 8.1? RRS feed

• Question

• I want to enable Virtualization Technology in my laptop. I have Windows 8.1 installed here. I need step by step instructions as to how to open the BIOS and everything, since I'm not an expert in computers. It would really help if you guide me through every step. Thank you. :)
    Sunday, August 24, 2014 4:52 PM

All replies

• Hi

When you boot your computer it will say something like press F2 for setup. other laptops use F9 etc.

Can you provide the make and model of your laptop as to assist you further?

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Sunday, August 24, 2014 5:14 PM
  • It's a Lenovo Ideapad 10. The thing is, no such option like the one you mentioned comes up. When I start the laptop, it shows no such options for setup at all, in fact no options for anything are mentioned. And it's Windows 8.1 in the laptop so I can't figure out how to open that menu. 

Sunday, August 24, 2014 5:34 PM
  • After you restart your machine keep pressing F2 to get into the bios. If F2 does not work then restart and try F10.

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Sunday, August 24, 2014 5:48 PM