dual forking for PBX and Lync clients RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a plan to deploy lync enterprise voice system for my corporate network. mean while i am having only one branch which will ofcourse be a central site. existing users are having phones without ip (analog phones) and a pbx for which ofcourse i have to have to ip gateway for this to integrate it with lync server. My questions are

1. how to make a mediation server as a front end server so that the call first come to the mediation server and route it accordingly

2. if some one calls from outside and i have analog phone and lync client on the computer then both of them should ring simultaniously.

3. in this case should i have to have 2 different extension numbers one for lync phone another for analog phone

4. if a user calls from lync phone to a analog pohne the reciever's both phone should ring i.e lync phone and analog phone

5. if a user calls from analog phone to anothers analog phone the reciever's both phone should ring analog and lync phone

6. lync to lync calls should ring analog and lync phones.

Regards,

SKHATRI
    Thursday, December 30, 2010 9:52 AM

All replies

• Did you get the point 6 (lync to lync calls should ring analog and lync phones) working?
    Friday, April 1, 2011 6:55 PM
  • See my thread here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-CA/ocsvoice/thread/cf8994e1-7872-47e5-b780-f30ac0bf8a13

Basically from what I know of your situation you would need to assign different extensions, one for Lync and one for analog phone.  Then set the lync client to simultaneously ring the analog phone.  But keep in mind this would only work if the Lync extension is called.  #4 would not be possible, as the PBX wouldn't know it's supposed to ring the Lync extension as well.  Unless you had a feature on the PBX that does this, such as a nortel 1000.  #5 is the same scenario as #4.  #6 would work fine with simultaneous ring to the analog phone extension turned on.

Friday, April 1, 2011 11:04 PM