Add Email Adress Field to Outlook mail list Filed RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I try to solve en issue on our organization.

How can I display the E-mail adress of a GLOBAL recipiant in outlook form
    I try to install some solution from the internet, but instead of email address I see:

Thursday, October 8, 2015 7:10 AM

Answers

• I see - that address you see is the email address for the mailbox as far as Outlook is concerned.  Outlook 2007 doesn't use the SMTP address for email delivery within the organization - it uses the legacyExchangeDN.  You are asking it to display the email address it's using, and that's what you are going to see.

If you used Outlook solely as an IMAP or POP client, you would see the SMTP address, but this is definitely not recommended, since you lose so much additional functionality that the Outlook Exchange client delivers compared to these Internet standard clients.

Will Martin ...
    -join ('77696c6c406d617274696e2d66616d696c6965732e6f7267' -split '(?<=\G.{2})' | ? { $_ } | % { [char][int]"0x$_" })

Monday, October 12, 2015 11:50 AM
  • Hi Jim,

I want to display the email address of the sender separately in a new field, in addition to the
    display name.<o:p></o:p>

I try asolution I found on the internet that add a field to outlook form.<o:p></o:p>

It's look okay when the sender is outside from organization , but when the sender is
    local  from the global, the email address look like above. Is there is a solution for this issue?

Hi Liora,

By your requirement, we suggest you post this case to outlook development forum to get help.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regard,

Jim

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 9:30 AM

All replies

• What version of Outlook are you using, and where did this screen-scrape come from? This information will help us answer your question.

Will Martin ...
    -join ('77696c6c406d617274696e2d66616d696c6965732e6f7267' -split '(?<=\G.{2})' | ? { $_ } | % { [char][int]"0x$_" })

Thursday, October 8, 2015 2:44 PM
  • Outlook 2007

server exchange 2013

Sunday, October 11, 2015 12:18 PM
  • Hi Liora,

Thank you for your question.

Did you mean the outlook display LDAP instead email address in outlook?

We could login OWA to check if the issue persist. If OWA work fine, this issue could be caused by outlook version. You could update outlook to the lasted version to check if the issue persist.

Best Regard,

Jim

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu

Monday, October 12, 2015 9:39 AM
  • Hi Jim,

I want to display the email address of the sender separately in a new field, in addition to the

I try asolution I found on the internet that add a field to outlook form.<o:p></o:p>

It's look okay when the sender is outside from organization , but when the sender is
    local  from the global, the email address look like above. Is there is a solution for this issue?

Monday, October 12, 2015 10:48 AM
  • I see - that address you see is the email address for the mailbox as far as Outlook is concerned.  Outlook 2007 doesn't use the SMTP address for email delivery within the organization - it uses the legacyExchangeDN.  You are asking it to display the email address it's using, and that's what you are going to see.

If you used Outlook solely as an IMAP or POP client, you would see the SMTP address, but this is definitely not recommended, since you lose so much additional functionality that the Outlook Exchange client delivers compared to these Internet standard clients.

Will Martin ...

Monday, October 12, 2015 11:50 AM
  • Hi Jim,

Hi Liora,

By your requirement, we suggest you post this case to outlook development forum to get help.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regard,

Jim

Jim Xu

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 9:30 AM