Add User to User Role via Powershell? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Gents,

i´m not used to powershell so i hope somebody can help me.

Is it possible to create a powershell script ot add a user to a SCSM User Role for Example Incident Resolver?

My Idea is to have a service offering on the Self Service Portal where a Local IT Member can add a SCSM User by himself.

brgds

Chris

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 2:21 PM

All replies

• I don't think so, but that's probably not how you want to handle that, anyways. 

SCSM Security is intended to be role based, i.e. we hired you as "service desk agent, junior grade", therefore you need incident resolver and activity implementer. When local IT manager is defining those roles, he should identify which ones are allowed access to SCSM, and those job roles should be added to the SCSM security groups in AD. for the majority of my implementations, each SCSM role has exactly one member, an AD Group with the same name, which then contains all the job roles that need that level of access, and those job roles, in turn, contain the users who serve in those roles. 

by way of addressing your ACTUAL question, thou, this might be the easy way to handle this process, since powershell can easily add users to AD groups.

• Proposed as answer by Thomas Bianco Wednesday, May 28, 2014 3:36 PM
    Tuesday, May 13, 2014 4:55 PM