none
Performance Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I'm facing some performance issue on my production project server 2013 as compare to my test project server 2013 sharing with you complete details 

Specs and Configuration on TEST ENV

SQL Server - (VM on HyperV 2008)  Project Server - (VM on HyperV 2008)

- SQL Version 2008 R2 - Project Server 2013

- OS Windows Server 2008 R2  - Sharepoint Server 2013 SP1

- RAM 6 GB Static - RAM 6 GB Static

Specs and Configuration on PROD ENV

SQL Server - (VM on HyperV 2012)  Project Server - (VM on HyperV 2012)

- SQL Version 2012 SP1 - Project Server 2013 SP1 / SharePoint Server 2013 SP1

- OS Windows Server 2008 R2  - OS Windows Server 2008 R2

- RAM 12 GB Static - RAM 12 GB Static

Issue : Creating a new project on test server it takes 6,5 sec and same creating on production server takes approx 30 sec. What is the reason behind this either this SQL Version issue or something else?? Want suggestion/resolution as we are going to make this live server by end of this month so i need to resolve this issue asap. Please coordinate thanks ! 

P.S: We have separate physical machine for VM, the only reason we use VM is that in future if we change any hardware we can restore easily.

Thursday, March 20, 2014 4:55 AM

All replies

• There can be several reasons which can cause performance issues. However, looking at Project Server perspective can you let us know if you are using any custom project template?

Also, when we talk about the setup, do we have both the test and production server identical in terms of data like custom fields, resources, etc

Cheers! Happy troubleshooting !!! Dinesh S. Rai - MSFT Enterprise Project Management

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 2:43 PM
  • The Project Server queue is hypersensitive to clock differences between the SQL Server and the application/web servers. To resolve the problem, work with the DBA to synchronize the clock on the SQL Server VM with the Web Front End and Application VMs for Project Server.

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 10:26 PM
  • Hi Shahzad,

Are you still coming across the performance issue?

Cheers! Happy troubleshooting !!! Dinesh S. Rai - MSFT Enterprise Project Management Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, April 18, 2014 12:29 PM