none
Error message: cd-existing-object AD MA RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

can you plz help me to resolve this error showed with this error message in Fim Synchronization service: cd-existing-object (with the management AD MA).

how can I resolve it?

Regards

Monday, November 10, 2014 1:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,

there is more then one possible solution to this issue.

If the object in AD is equal to the object you try to provision, you should join the object before you sync and provision it to AD. Disable "Provisioning" in Tools > Options in FIM Sync UI and do a Full Sync.

Since the objects are joined (if criterias are correct) there will be no provisioning on this object.

or

If the object in AD is not the one you try to provision, then you have a conflict on a unique attribute (ex. samAccountName). You must then make sure that your provisioning logic will avoid that.

So check which of the cases meets your problem.

Regards
    Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

Monday, November 10, 2014 2:04 PM
  • Hi,

this error appears when you want to create an AD user and the DN of the new user already exists en Active Directory.

You will find this error in two case :

* when your join criteria doesn't work

* when you have homonym in AD

THe good solution is to verify the join criteria and to develop a specific metaverse dll for the homonym or, use the portal part if you use fim service.

I hope that the answer help you ;)

Have a good day

Joris Faure

Monday, November 10, 2014 2:51 PM
  • Hi,

thank you for your response, but first of all which is "homonym in AD" and how can I resovle it ?

yes, I have portal part already, how can I use it to correct this problem PLZ ?

Regards.

Sunday, November 16, 2014 10:13 AM