I dont appear to have a Site Directory, RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to add a Top Site webpart to my homepage and it's showing the error, "There is a problem with the query that this Web Part is issuing" when I opened the content query part to investigate why it is looking to "/SiteDirectory/Sites" but when I try and find this I'm getting another error to say that Internet Explorer cannot show the page as it may not exist etc. 

Does anyone know if I should have one?  Can one be created when there is already content in the site? 

Thanks,

KrystallTips

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, July 5, 2011 1:43 PM NEVER try to attract attention by things like ?! in titles.
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 12:42 PM

Answers

• Hi ,

You can create a site directory  under your site collection .But before doing this, you should activate the site collection  publishing feature .

1.       Site settings>Site collection features >Activate ‘Office SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure ’.

After doing this you can create the site directory site just like creating a team site .

1.       You need to choose the Site Directory template under Publishing  instead of Team Site for the site directory .

2.       You can view the site directory by doing this: choose view all site contents on the site collection home page >Sites and workspaces>site directory .

On the site directory page ,you can see a tab named ‘’Top Site ‘ .The top site web part you add on the homepage shows the information of sites under this tab. You can add your sites as top sites .

For more detailed information about adding site as top sites ,please refer to this site:

Add Top Sites to the Site Directory: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-server-help/add-top-sites-to-the-site-directory-HA010106630.aspx

Thanks,

Entan Ming
    • Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Monday, July 18, 2011 5:51 AM
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 6:30 AM