Outlook 365 won't open, and "losing connection to the Exchange" via Outlook Notifications....Please help RRS feed

• Question

• Noticed these Exchange messages ...but they were never an issue... 

Outlook always opened.

And the messages always showed "Re-Connection"  made.

But not today.

My Hotmail is working fine.

But I have an Outlook contact database set-up as a separate application.     It contains all my personal doctor visit info, medications, tests, etc,

When it works, I open the App, click-on the PEOPLE icon, then click-on the database I have (top-left) and Outlook then shows my personal data.

But today I can't open the app.

Please help.

Wednesday, July 15, 2020 5:16 PM

All replies

• Hi gsmetana,

Make sure you are using the latest version of Outlook and try to open it with safe mode. 

Re-create the profile and see if the issue persists.

Are you talking about Business Contact Manager or Outlook Customer Manager for Office 365 that "have an Outlook contact database set-up as a separate application"?  It has been discontinued as well and will no longer be usable after June 2020.

For detailed information, check the official doc:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/export-or-delete-your-outlook-customer-manager-data-1a421cb4-e8de-4b44-bfb8-710b92820439?ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us

This Exchange Server 2019 Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Regards,

Eric Yin

Exchange Server 2019 will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Thursday, July 16, 2020 6:43 AM
  • Hi, I'm here to confirm with you if your issue has been resolved. If the problem is successfully solved, you can share your solution and mark them or the helpful reply as answer, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

This Exchange Server 2019 Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Regards,

Eric Yin

Exchange Server 2019 will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Wednesday, July 22, 2020 8:43 AM