POP3 setting for external clients RRS feed

• Question

• I set up POP3 for external clients using the following as an example:

Set-PopSettings -ExternalConnectionSettings "mail.contoso.com:995:SSL","mail.contoso.com:110:TLS" -X509CertificateName mail.contoso.com

My organization has decided that we do not want to allow external POP3 connections.  I have searched but am unable to find out how to revert back to the default setting of not configured.  Any help in resolving this would be greatly appreciated.

Thursday, March 29, 2018 5:54 PM

Answers

• Hi brianti,

To revert back popsettings for external users, we can use the command below to set the ExternalConnectionSettings to none:

Set-PopSettings -ExternalConnectionSettings $none

Then restart the Microsoft Exchange POP3 and Microsoft Exchange POP Backend service in Services.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, March 30, 2018 7:01 AM

All replies

• Hi brianti,

To revert back popsettings for external users, we can use the command below to set the ExternalConnectionSettings to none:

Set-PopSettings -ExternalConnectionSettings $none

Then restart the Microsoft Exchange POP3 and Microsoft Exchange POP Backend service in Services.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, March 30, 2018 7:01 AM
  • Thank you Kyle!
    Monday, April 2, 2018 1:28 PM