none
Error On Windows Update_C19001DF-30018 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

this is the response of the get help with this error:  "WindowsUpdate_C1900101-30018" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

tried to upgrade my windows 7 three times but get this error message with no explanation except to try again or use a clean boot. I wanted to use my old files & programs. Is this possible?

Thanks for you help

Trevor

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 9:52 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You could choose "Keep personal files, apps, and Windows Settings" to use your old files & programs as below:

However, it's recommended you backup all your important files to avoid data loss. Some software might not install or work correctly, including antivirus or security programs. you might need to restart them after upgrade.

In addition, if your Windows 10 upgrade via the Windows Update fails, you could use the Creation Media Tool to perform the upgrade process.

To obtain the Creation Media tool, access this address:

Download Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

If it still fails, upload your setuperr.log file here for analysis. It may under:

windows~bt\source\panther
    or
    %systemroot%\Panther

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 3:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You could choose "Keep personal files, apps, and Windows Settings" to use your old files & programs as below:

However, it's recommended you backup all your important files to avoid data loss. Some software might not install or work correctly, including antivirus or security programs. you might need to restart them after upgrade.

In addition, if your Windows 10 upgrade via the Windows Update fails, you could use the Creation Media Tool to perform the upgrade process.

To obtain the Creation Media tool, access this address:

Download Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

If it still fails, upload your setuperr.log file here for analysis. It may under:

windows~bt\source\panther
    or
    %systemroot%\Panther

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 3:20 AM
  • Hi Karen,

here is my setuperr.log file. I have tried several times to upgrade win7 to win 10 nut no success.

Tried with Creation Media tool.

2015-11-09 21:49:43, Error      [0x08085f] MIG    MigHost: CMigPluginSurrogate::LoadAndRegisterServerInThreadContext: LoadLibraryExW(C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\ReplacementManifests\Microsoft-Windows-RasServer-MigPlugin\RasMigPlugin.dll, LOAD_WITH_ALTERED_SEARCH_PATH) failed gle=0x7f.[gle=0x0000007f]
    2015-11-09 21:49:43, Error      [0x080863] MIG    MigHost: CMigPluginSurrogate::COMGenericThreadingHostThreadProc: LoadAndRegisterServerInThreadContext() failed hr=0x8007007f.[gle=0x0000007f]

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 1:03 PM