No Audio Device Installed RRS feed

• Question

• My laptop used to have Vista on it.  My hard drive crashed and I had a new one installed.  I then put XP Home Edition on it instead of Vista.  I have done all the Service Pack updates, over 120 of them.  I have no sound when using Windows Media Player.  It says the audio drivers are working properly.  Evidently I need a new sound processer or audio device?  Ok.  How do I get one?  Evidently the one that was on here has evaporated or is not being recognized.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Friday, October 29, 2010 1:54 PM

Answers

• Go to device manager(rightclick my computer>click manage>device manager),look for the audio device, right click it and select uninstall. when you restart, windows will attempt to automatically install drivers for the audio device,and will thus require your permission, dont allow it. download and manually install sound drivers for your own product from your product manufacturer's website.
    Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    • Proposed as answer by Sabrina Shen Monday, November 1, 2010 8:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Friday, November 5, 2010 6:32 AM
    Saturday, October 30, 2010 1:58 AM
  • Hi,

Please understand that this is Windows Vista Forum. In order to get the answer effectively, it is also recommended to post a new thread in Windows XP Forum for discussion.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, November 1, 2010 8:14 AM

All replies

• Go to device manager(rightclick my computer>click manage>device manager),look for the audio device, right click it and select uninstall. when you restart, windows will attempt to automatically install drivers for the audio device,and will thus require your permission, dont allow it. download and manually install sound drivers for your own product from your product manufacturer's website.
    Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    • Proposed as answer by Sabrina Shen Monday, November 1, 2010 8:13 AM
    Saturday, October 30, 2010 1:58 AM
  • Hi,

Please understand that this is Windows Vista Forum. In order to get the answer effectively, it is also recommended to post a new thread in Windows XP Forum for discussion.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, November 1, 2010 8:14 AM