none
Unable to Connect to Domain PC's RRS feed

• Question

• Good Morning,

I am having issues with MAP connecting to machines in the domain. Of about 4500 pc's it will only sucessfully connect to about 15 of them. I have been able to sucessfully connect to various machines with the wbemtest tool.

The queries are coming from a XP SP3 Workstation. I have verified that the account used has local admin permissions on the target computers.

Any advice is appreicated.

-Kevin
    Friday, June 19, 2009 3:20 PM

Answers

• Sorry for the delay, had to use up some of that vacation time. My co-worker was working with the tool in my absense and re-imaged the pc we were using to run the tool from. Since the re-image the tool has worked correctly.

• Marked as answer by Kevin Kirwin Thursday, July 9, 2009 5:30 PM
    Thursday, July 9, 2009 5:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Kevin -

The easiest way for us to look into this is through Log file.  You can find it at:  <installation path>Program Files\Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit\bin\log.  If you could post that here or send it to mapsbeta@microsoft.com, we can look into it.

Thanks
    Friday, June 19, 2009 5:49 PM
  • The log has been sent!

Thank you for your help!

Friday, June 19, 2009 6:59 PM
  • Hey Kevin -

We've looked through the log file and it seems like a few machines weren't connected to the network.  Overall, it appears that more often than not, MAP was able to connect and inventory the machines discovered.

Did you try to look at either the Vista or the Windows 7 report?  Check the 'clientassessment' worksheets on each.  That should give you a good idea of what happened for client machines before the inventory was cancelled.

What part of the toolkit did you use to decide that you should cancel?

Thanks -

Rob
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 8:50 PM
  • Sorry for the delay, had to use up some of that vacation time. My co-worker was working with the tool in my absense and re-imaged the pc we were using to run the tool from. Since the re-image the tool has worked correctly.

• Marked as answer by Kevin Kirwin Thursday, July 9, 2009 5:30 PM
    Thursday, July 9, 2009 5:30 PM