KHI (Key Health Indicators) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Need to know few things.

1. As far as I read about it, KHI is basically Indicators/perfomance counters which should be considered vital in terms of server health. Am I right?

2. I read on a blog ( http://guybachar.net/2014/05/28/how-to-use-lync-key-health-indicators) 8th point, that KHI should be started before company business start and should end on that day itself. so does this mean that we cant use it after the sfb deployment? 

3. Does KHI reports automatically updates?

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 6:20 AM

Answers

• KHIs can be running at all times. You need to periodically import the data file into the Excel spreadsheet and analyze the data yourself though.

You should also be aware that KHIs are counters that only increase in value. So your values today will likely be higher than yesterday's, but it only went up a few points. The counters reset after you reboot the server.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Wednesday, October 25, 2017 7:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by WorkingOut Wednesday, November 22, 2017 4:53 AM
    Tuesday, October 24, 2017 3:01 PM

All replies

• KHIs can be running at all times. You need to periodically import the data file into the Excel spreadsheet and analyze the data yourself though.

You should also be aware that KHIs are counters that only increase in value. So your values today will likely be higher than yesterday's, but it only went up a few points. The counters reset after you reboot the server.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Wednesday, October 25, 2017 7:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by WorkingOut Wednesday, November 22, 2017 4:53 AM
    Tuesday, October 24, 2017 3:01 PM
  • Hi WorkingOut,

Agree with Tyler.

Yes, KHI is basically Indicators/performance counters which should be considered vital in terms of server health.

Moreover, I will share a document about Key Health Indicators, please refer to the document below
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn593599%28v=ocs.15%29.aspx

Hope this reply is helpful to you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Thursday, October 26, 2017 9:02 AM
    Wednesday, October 25, 2017 7:47 AM
  • Hi WorkingOut,

Are there any update about this issue? If the reply is helpful to you, please mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 26, 2017 9:03 AM