vista blue screen 7 times... so far RRS feed

• Question

• 9first let me give you some specs. i'm using an HP Pavilion dv9000 with and intel centrino duo 1.73GHz processor an nvidia GeForce go 7600 and windows vista 32 bit (sp 1).
    my vista started acting up recently and i have blue screen seven times so far today.
    i tried using ccleaner to clean up the registry and it crashed again.
    When i used win dgb to look at the minidumps every last one was caused by something different.

Here's a sample of the most recent minidump after using !analyze -v

*******************************************************************************
    *                                                                             *
    *                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *
    *                                                                             *
    *******************************************************************************

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)
        # Any other values for parameter 1 must be individually examined.
    Arguments:
    Arg1: 00041790, The subtype of the bugcheck.
    Arg2: c0802096
    Arg3: 0000ffff
    Arg4: 00000000

Debugging Details:
    ------------------

BUGCHECK_STR:  0x1a_41790

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  7

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  COMMON_SYSTEM_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME:  sidebar.exe

CURRENT_IRQL:  0

BAD_PAGES_DETECTED: 4

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER:  from 81e9636e to 81e424ad

STACK_TEXT: 
    8134ec20 81e9636e 03eb0000 03fb4fff 38d76be9 nt!MiDeleteVirtualAddresses+0x7ce
    8134ecb8 8ceb81f9 ffffffff 0366a0a8 0366a0b0 nt!NtFreeVirtualMemory+0x652
    WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be wrong.
    8134ed4c 81e5ba7a ffffffff 0366a0a8 0366a0b0 SYMEVENT+0x141f9
    8134ed4c 0000003b ffffffff 0366a0a8 0366a0b0 nt!KiFastCallEntry+0x12a
    00000001 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 0x3b

STACK_COMMAND:  kb

SYMBOL_NAME:  PAGE_NOT_ZERO_VISTA

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: Unknown_Module

IMAGE_NAME:  Unknown_Image

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  0

BUCKET_ID:  PAGE_NOT_ZERO_VISTA

Followup: MachineOwner
    ---------

*** Memory manager detected 4 instance(s) of page corruption, target is likely to have memory corruption.

can anybody help me fix this thing. it just crashes over and over again. if you need more minidump samples i have all 7 of them.
    Thursday, May 22, 2008 3:06 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Thank you for the post.

Please understand that to troubleshoot the blue screen issues, we usually need to perform debugging. However, in this forum, we do not provide debugging support. If you would like to perform debugging, please contact Microsoft Customer Support Service (CSS).

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request, please refer to the website listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS

If you are outside the US,  please refer to http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.

Having said that, I'd still like to provide the following general troubleshooting steps to see if we can eliminate this problem:

Note: Please perform a complete system backup first. If any unexpected issue occurs, we can quickly restore the system to the current status.

1.    Update the drivers for the motherboard and video card.

2.    Scan your system to make sure that the system is virus free. If you have recently installed any software, hardware or drivers, please remove them.

3.  Ensure all the hardware devices, installed device drivers, and installed applications are all compatible with Windows Vista.

For Compatibility information, please refer to Windows Vista Hardware Compatibility List:
    http://winqual.microsoft.com/hcl/

4.  Disable all the third party startup programs and services by using the MSConfig.exe utility shipped with Windows Vista. To use this tool, you can refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:

(KB929135) How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;929135

If the problem does not occur, it indicates that the problem is related to one application or service we have disabled. You may use the MSCONFIG tool again to re-enable the disabled item one by one to find out the culprit.

However, if the issue still persists, please contact Microsoft Customer Support Service (CSS) for further troubleshooting. I hope the problem will be resolved soon. Thanks!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 2:50 AM