none
Sync Rule not able to evaluate If Condition

Question

• I have a function in the synchronization rule to populate 

IIF(

IsPresent(msExchRecipientDisplayType), 

IIF(NotEquals(msExchRecipientDisplayType,-2147483642),msExchRecipientDisplayType,-2147483642), 

-2147483642 )

mapping to the AD attribute msExchRecipientDisplayType

If there is an attribute in AD it works fine and gives the appropriate attribute.

If there is no attribute I am expecting the value -2147483642

However, when there is no value in AD, the function does not populate any value the sync engine gives a message Skipped: Not Precedent,,sync-rule-mapping - expression,msExchRecipientDisplayType,,(Unchanged)

I am confused as to why this is happening.

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 4:42 AM

Answers

• I finally decided to write custom code in an extension that looked if the value was present in the connector space, if not it would add the value as described in the sync rule.
    • Marked as answer by Creados Wednesday, June 13, 2018 10:48 PM
    Wednesday, June 13, 2018 10:48 PM

All replies

• I think you have to do IsNullOrEmpty as well see an example below.

-Expression 'IIF(IsNullOrEmpty([c],"DE",[c])' `

**Please don't forget to mark as helpful or answer**

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 11:48 AM
  • IsPresent is the equivalent in MIM for the IsNullOrEmpty().
    Wednesday, May 30, 2018 8:38 PM
  • 365 Guy:

IsNullOrEmpty is not a function that can be used in a sync rule.

Creados:

Is this an inbound or outbound flow rule?

David Lundell, Get your copy of FIM Best Practices Volume 1 http://blog.ilmbestpractices.com/2010/08/book-is-here-fim-best-practices-volume.html

Thursday, May 31, 2018 3:12 AM
  • Hi David, are you sure? If I look at my Azure AD Connect builtin rules I see many expressions using this function.

Thursday, May 31, 2018 8:48 AM
  • Hi David, are you sure? If I look at my Azure AD Connect builtin rules I see many expressions using this function.

We are speaking about the FIM or MIM here so it is a little bit different thing.
    Thursday, May 31, 2018 8:52 AM
  • Given that this is the FIM/MIM forum I assumed that Creados was using FIM/MIM. Azure AD Connect while descended from FIM is a different animal.

David Lundell, Get your copy of FIM Best Practices Volume 1 http://blog.ilmbestpractices.com/2010/08/book-is-here-fim-best-practices-volume.html

Thursday, May 31, 2018 1:49 PM
  • That is correct this is a MIM outbound sync rule.
    Wednesday, June 13, 2018 10:46 PM
  • I finally decided to write custom code in an extension that looked if the value was present in the connector space, if not it would add the value as described in the sync rule.
    • Marked as answer by Creados Wednesday, June 13, 2018 10:48 PM
    Wednesday, June 13, 2018 10:48 PM