Change deployment method in App-V 5 take no effect on client RRS feed

• Question

• Deploying a package e.g. over SMB using the ManagementServer runs as expected.

If you now unpublish, delete and add the same package but using HTTP deployment, on client side the change had no effect. In my testlab, the webserver have a virtual directory that is pointing to the same fileshare where the SMB deployment was published.

On the PublishingServer the new PackageURL is updated. Using Sync-AppvPublishingServer take no effect until the package is removed on the client.

Is that by design?

/vkleinerde

Friday, December 7, 2012 1:10 PM

Answers

• Surely the client is looking at the package/version GUID and not making changes because it already has that package.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

• Marked as answer by volkerkleiner Monday, December 10, 2012 6:30 AM
    Friday, December 7, 2012 5:03 PM