none
How do I get the Reminders Webpart to stop making large amounts of calls to the DB? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm testing an upgrade from Project Server 2003 to 2007, and everything has worked so far except that it takes approximately 70 seconds to display the PWA homepage. I initially found the issue to be in the Reminders webpart, in that when I remove Issues and Risks from the Reminders webpart, my PWA home page comes up in about 1 second. I did a quick SQL trace on it, and it appears to be pulling from the upgraded Sharepoint content database for the risks and issues, although I believe it should be trying to get those figured from the PWA Reporting database. I did a quick count, and from starting to load the main page to being completely loaded (70 seconds later), it made 46k calls to the upgraded sharepoint database. Similarly, if I use the navigation pane on the left to go to "My Work>Issues and Risks" it also takes quite a large amount of time to process and load the page.

Is there any known fix to this issue? I've spent the past few hours searching Google, and nothing similar has come up yet. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Greg

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 9:27 PM

All replies

• Hi, I can't comment on the number of calls, but going to the SharePoint DB is correct.  In 2007, I usually removed the Workspaces webpart from the homepage, but not the Reminders - though I never saw the issue timing issues you are seeing.

Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web

Friday, August 3, 2012 5:02 PM