windows 7 will not wake up RRS feed

• Question

• i am  running windows 7 on a dell desktop and suddenly the machine will not wake up... it does not respond to the mouse, keyboard or on/off button. i have removed the plug and let the power drain but when i turn it back on i hear the computer start up however the monitor says there is no signal from the computer and is still asleep. This machine has had no trouble with sleep for the past 2 years but i can't even check the settings because i can't seem to bring it out of the sleep state. How can i wake it up so i can check further?

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 12:43 AM

Answers

• everything normal before?
    is there any changes before this issue happen?
    if this is a desktop, please check whether there is a blinking green LED at the back during sleep mode
    try to update your graphic card driver

to isolate monitor issue, try to remove your monitor, if you can see the message "please check the cable" or else means monitor working fine

try to isolate memory (unplug or clean slot), video cable issue and if this PC got internal graphic card try to isolate external graphic card by remove it from this PC and try to attached to internal graphic card

the best way for troubleshoot hardware issue is contact manufactured, please contact Dell and share the result here  

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 2:49 AM

All replies

• Hi ser1123,

First you should verify if there is a hardwarefailure on your computer, such as display card or memory.

maybe it is a time for maintenance.

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 1:42 AM
  • everything normal before?
    is there any changes before this issue happen?
    if this is a desktop, please check whether there is a blinking green LED at the back during sleep mode
    try to update your graphic card driver

to isolate monitor issue, try to remove your monitor, if you can see the message "please check the cable" or else means monitor working fine

try to isolate memory (unplug or clean slot), video cable issue and if this PC got internal graphic card try to isolate external graphic card by remove it from this PC and try to attached to internal graphic card

the best way for troubleshoot hardware issue is contact manufactured, please contact Dell and share the result here  

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 2:49 AM