manual client installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When installing the client manually with the command ccmsetup.exe, even using the paremeter /source, it continuous downloading files from the Management Point. Is it a normal behavior?

Thanks,
    Jorge Q
    Jorge Q
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 1:07 PM

Answers

• You can make sure that the /source parameter is specified correctly by looking at ccmsetup.log to see if the parameter is used.  If it is not specified correctly, it will be ignored and the client will contact AD to get the MP and download from there, I guess this might be the case, just my 5 cent :)
    Minh
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 5:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you given source as local on system for client setup file,You need to give location localy for setup file.And after installation by local source it will talk to MP for assignment and mcahine policy retrieval.

If source is not specified then it will go to SCCM server to get setup file and that will take time.

___________________________________________________________ Shimbesh
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 1:21 PM
  • You can make sure that the /source parameter is specified correctly by looking at ccmsetup.log to see if the parameter is used.  If it is not specified correctly, it will be ignored and the client will contact AD to get the MP and download from there, I guess this might be the case, just my 5 cent :)
    Minh
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 5:06 PM