Windows 7 And file exploer RRS feed

• Question

• I have a 2003 Domain.   When I use windows 7 and go to file exploer and click on network it takes awhile to show the servers.   Its find from XP, 2003, 2008.

Could someone point me in the right direction?

Donovan

Donovan
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 4:31 PM

All replies

• win7 runs the network discovery to get the active list of servers on the network. Thus it takes a while.
    You are the Knowledge You have…
    MyWordPress; MyBlogSpot; MyMicrosoft; MyCitrix;
    MyVMWare; MySymantec; MyLinkedIn; MyFaceBook; MyGReader;
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 5:09 PM
  • Hi,

Windows Network discovery is based on LLTD protocol (Link Layer Topology Discovery). Windows display a graphical representation of the local area network (LAN) or wireless LAN (WLAN) after it gets the signature form the responder on the others. It would take awhile during requirement and response.

For more information about LLTD, you could download this document:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/5/E/95EF66AF-9026-4BB0-A41D-A4F81802D92C/[MS-LLTD].pdf

Hope this helps

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, August 31, 2011 3:29 AM
  • Thank you for the information.  I just seemed wrong.   But I have noticed my new 2008 servers doing the same thing. 

Donovan

Donovan
    Wednesday, August 31, 2011 6:31 PM