Share and Storage Management .msc corrupt? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

All my consoles are working apart from StorageMgmt.msc

Im running Web Server 2008 R2 with all latest updates and logged in as build in local Adminitsrator.

I tried:

1. Open directly C:\Windows\System32\StorageMgmt.msc

2. Open MMC.exe and add StorageMgmt.msc

3. Open MMC.exe and add another working console such as server manager = success

4. Logging as another user

5. Tried this solution: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\CONFIG

"I renamed the "machine.config" file to "machine.config.bad". I then made a copy of the "machine.config.default" file and renamed it to "machine.config"."

6. FSRM is installed in Features

7. Run SFC check - no probalems

This would suggest that issue is with StorageMgmt as everything else is working, any help would be appreciated

Thank you

Saturday, August 25, 2012 4:06 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Is there an error code or error message displayed when the Share and Storage Management MMC crash? Please also search in event logs and see if any StorageMgmt.msc errors can be found. Run System Update Readiness Tool as well and post the CheckSUR log if any errors are found. If nothing helps, then run In-place upgrade to repair Windows.

Thanks
    Zhang

Monday, August 27, 2012 9:09 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Is there an error code or error message displayed when the Share and Storage Management MMC crash? Please also search in event logs and see if any StorageMgmt.msc errors can be found. Run System Update Readiness Tool as well and post the CheckSUR log if any errors are found. If nothing helps, then run In-place upgrade to repair Windows.

Thanks
    Zhang

Monday, August 27, 2012 9:09 AM
  • Hi Zhang,

I attached screenshot of the error and whne i click i send report: this is the error:

but every other console is working fine

Description:
      Stopped working

Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
      Problem Signature 01: mmc.exe
      Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
      Problem Signature 03: 4a5bc808
      Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
      Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
      Problem Signature 06: 4ef6c131
      Problem Signature 07: 1cdb
      Problem Signature 08: 73
      Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
      OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.1296.17
      Locale ID: 2057

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 8:47 PM
  • Dear vadimotheone,

Do you have any solution for your problem yet? I have had same situation like you did at that time. Would you mind to share how could you resolve the bug?

Best regards,

Mex

• Edited by Veasna Thursday, July 14, 2016 9:06 AM
    Thursday, July 14, 2016 9:06 AM