WSUS updates approved for removal and Yellow Triangle on client RRS feed

• Question

• I have a WSUS server 10.0.14393.479.

I'm in need to remove KB3170455 from client. I have marked for removal this update from WSUS server.

Everything going fine, but on WSUS server now I see all clients with a yellow triangle and one update needed.

Why this happens? According to my point of view, a yellow triangle should be a signal for a warning.

An update voluntarily declined and marked for removal by administrator is not a warning situation.

Thanks.

Thursday, March 16, 2017 7:42 AM

All replies

• Hi Luca Miceli,

"Yellow triangle" for WSUS clients is a usual signal, when there are updates needed by clients or clients not report, there will be a yellow triangle, please check what is the detailed meaning of the yellow triangle.

If you mean the "Approve for removal" update marked as needed by clients again, then, after all clients remove the update, please decline the update on WSUS server, then run Server cleanup Wizard.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by D.Pope MCSE Friday, March 17, 2017 4:51 PM
    Friday, March 17, 2017 8:13 AM
  • Hi,

Just to check if the above reply could be of help? If yes, you may mark useful reply as answer, if not, welcome to feedback.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 5:29 AM