none
IE 9, install OCX files using command line in Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I'm attempting to deploy an ActiveX control for IE 9 (32-bit) in Windows 7 Enterprise (64-bit). Actually, our Windows computers have IE9 64 and 32 bits loaded.

I opened the CAB files, which contains the INF and OCX files, and I'm running the following command (in an elevated command prompt):

Regsvr32 jdeexpimpU.ocx
    Regsvr32 jdewebctlsU.ocx

I get a notification that all is installed properly, yet when I go to C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\ I see nothing there, and if I'm not mistaken, this is the place where OCX files get placed. Also, when I access the website that requires that ActiveX control, the page doesn't display properly.

I'm actually looking for a way to either deploy the OCX files (which I can by means of using SCCM) or allow the non-admin user to just install the ActiveX control as the site that requires it is in the Intranet site. Also, these ActiveX controls only work for the 32-bit version of IE so, since I have both versions loaded on the same computer, I don't know if that's the reason why they're not loading properly.

• Edited by GonzEd Friday, August 23, 2013 11:58 AM
    Friday, August 23, 2013 4:25 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Please repost your question to the IE Extension Development forum.

No... the destination folder is described in the ins file.

the downloaded program files is used for controls installed from a web address... the common design practice is to use an <object> tag in a web page to deploy/maintain your web specific COM assets.

Rob^_^

Saturday, August 24, 2013 1:44 AM
  • Why would this go to the development forum? All I'm trying to do is just find a way to install ActiveX controls manually?
    Sunday, August 25, 2013 7:25 PM
  • I found the answer to my question here
    Sunday, August 25, 2013 8:31 PM
  • Hi,

I'm gald to heard that and thanks for posting answer here!

Monday, August 26, 2013 7:53 AM