Can the Symbol/Image near "The user's password must be changed before logging on the first time"-Message be changed? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys

I've to ask, if the red X symbol near the Message "The user's password must be changed before logging on the first time" that appears if you have to change the password before you can login could be changed to e.g. a yellow warning symbol? Because i think it's not an Error, it's more a warning or even better an information that the user has to change his password before he can log in???

It's often confusing some of our users... they hit cancel without reading it at all... because there was a X so they panic ;)
    I work for several vocational schools and they get new students every year and also a lot of courses for adults in the evenings etc. so very often a lot of new users... Would be awesome to change it so some more of then get it, that its a text they should read, click ok, change it and use the computer ;)

I hope the translation of the password change message is appropriate for windows 7, because we use german windows 7 so i'm not completely sure about that ;)

Greets from switzerland
    Stephan

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 11:42 AM

Answers

•  

Hi,

Base on my test, there seems no possible to change this notification. That’s a by design behavior.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Leo Huang

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Stephan Zeller Friday, February 24, 2012 7:23 AM
    Friday, February 24, 2012 6:12 AM

All replies

•  

Hi,

Base on my test, there seems no possible to change this notification. That’s a by design behavior.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Leo Huang

• Marked as answer by Stephan Zeller Friday, February 24, 2012 7:23 AM
    Friday, February 24, 2012 6:12 AM
  • Hi Leo

Thanks for your response, i expected such an answer. :-(
    Where do i best request a change of this? I think in these forums isn't the best place to do this...
    Maybe MS could change this in... lets say... the next SP or maybe in Windows 8? Couldnt really be a big deal to do this, but a great advantage for (stupid) users ;)

Thanks again.

Greetz

Friday, February 24, 2012 7:02 AM
  •  

Thank you for your suggestion.

I will help you to submit the feedback to our product team.

And if they accepted the suggestion, we believe they will add this function in the future.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Leo Huang

Friday, February 24, 2012 7:10 AM
  • Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,
    Stephan

Friday, February 24, 2012 8:17 AM