none
Driver application imported with source files not populating when updating media RRS feed

• Question

• I have been unsuccessful in trying to get the hotkey features integration driver to install as an app on four different ThinkPad models.  I import the app into a subfolder listed under Applications [MDT Share\Applications\Drivers Setup\ThinkPad All Models) and specify where the source files are located and verify that the source directory was populated and is correct.

Then I update the media folder and as I view the real-time output as the image is being updated it appears that it completely skips the Drivers Setup folder altogether.  I have verified that all of the folders involved are active and not disabled and that the imported app folder is included in the selection profiles for all of the models that need the hotkey driver.  I created 4 separate task sequences (one for each model) and have verified that they are also enabled and pointing to the correct app package.  I also verified that the entry was created in the Applications.xml file and that the GUID and source directories match what is shown in the deployment share, but then when I update the deployment share the hotkey driver app is no where to be found in the Applications folder in the MDT media.

I deleted the driver app, verified that the app folder was removed from the MDTShare\Applications folder and reimported the app several times, but with always the same results when I update the media.

Please help.

Monday, March 7, 2016 8:01 PM

Answers

• MDT needs to create the folder. If you created it even though it exists in your file structure MDT doesn't know about it.

Logs are very important. https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/ Mention any customizations you have made.

• Marked as answer by Liam72 Monday, March 21, 2016 10:43 PM
    Tuesday, March 8, 2016 9:02 PM

All replies

• Is it included in the selection profile you are using for your media?

Logs are very important. https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/ Mention any customizations you have made.

Monday, March 7, 2016 10:44 PM
  • Thanks for the reply and yes the driver is included in the Selection Profile.

I am trying to install the hotkey driver for Win7 64-bit on a Lenovo T450, W541, X1 Carbon and Yoga 12. When I go to update the media I can see that the \Applications\Post Image Apps folder gets copied, but the \Applications\Drivers Setup folder (where I imported the hotkey driver) does not get copied to the media and I verified that all folders in the path are enabled. I can install the driver manually and even tried to capture the inf's after the manual install and import those into the Out-of-Box drivers, but that didn't work.

Here is my process.

- Created a folder titled 'Hotkeys' under MDTShare\Applications\Drivers Setup\ThinkPad All Models and imported the app with source files and used the silent install (setup.exe /SP- /VERYSILENT /NORESTART /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES), then I verified that the source and working directories are correct (.\Applications\Lenovo Hotkeys Rev4).

- Go into the Selection Profiles for all four ThinkPad models that I want the driver installed on to make sure that it is selected and it is.

- Create an Install Application Task Sequence after State Restore finishes with WMI query statements that verify the Make and Model of the laptops that need the driver. - Update the Media folder.

When the update finishes I check the \Deploy\Applications directory in the media folder and the hotkey driver app is nowhere to be found, but when I go to the Applications.xml file I can see it listed and the GUID matches what's in MDT and if I attempt a roll-out the build will finish, but with a GUID error that references the hotkey driver.

• Edited by Liam72 Tuesday, March 8, 2016 6:17 PM
    Tuesday, March 8, 2016 5:39 PM
  • MDT needs to create the folder. If you created it even though it exists in your file structure MDT doesn't know about it.

• Marked as answer by Liam72 Monday, March 21, 2016 10:43 PM
    Tuesday, March 8, 2016 9:02 PM