none
Action(Manager) Dispatcher : RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

GOAL = How can i manage a Single List<MyPersonalAction> at design time for multiple form that don't have same ancestor ???

The best solution would be : A Singleton Form* which contain one List<MyPersonalAction> (in a component for example) and all others forms could access this List AT DESIGN TIME , of course the hard part is that all others forms couldn't inherits the singleton form.

*(why a form, because that singleton form whould be used to setting up the List<MyPersonnalAction> at design time too)

So i don't expect the best solution but any solutions that match the goal  !

If you have some great idea or just so time to help me.. thanks !

• Moved by Mike Dos Zhang Thursday, May 12, 2011 6:54 AM a vsx dev problem (From:Windows Forms Designer)
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 1:16 PM

All replies

• Seems you have to declare the singleton form as the field in the other forms.

As we know, we have two solution to build the relationship between the classes, one is the inheritance, and the other is the inclusion. I think you should use the second way on this scenario.

Sincerely,

Bob Bao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, May 5, 2011 6:44 AM
  • Your solution would work perfectly during executiion

But at design time ... I don't think it work  .. do you have an example ?

Design time mean during Forms conceptions .. its more about VS 2010 IDE than real C# or object issue

I can add actions to the List<MyPersonalAction> on Form1, but i can't manage to get that list on another form.

Lets see, another way :

I have a component X on a form that manage a List<Object>;

Now, I want another component Y that can seek for one (or any) Component X in the project (or better all referenced projets)

Then i plug one Component X into the Component Y and i can get the List<Object> contains by component X.

It's just another solution : The main GOAL is to expose one List in Multiple FORM ! (without inherited that's why i focus on seek engine)

I'm very open on any solutions, i'm pretty sure that 's possible and already done, so i need help to find example... i maybe need some persistence like XML ... but i'm sure some expert can help me !!! Thanks again

Thursday, May 5, 2011 4:55 PM
  • Hi

Do you mean you want use this feature in the visual studio IDE designer?

If so, then I think you are in a wrong forum.

And the following forum is talking about this topic:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vseditor/threads

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vsx/threads

Please help us to clarify your request.

Best wishes,

Mike [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, May 6, 2011 7:44 AM