Lenovo Y50 Direct X 0_0 with Nvidia 860M on Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there

I have Lenovo Y50 with Nvidia 860M I have latest drivers with windows updates on. When i run games i get Direct X 11 not found error. Though Nvidia drivers are installed and I have tried multiple version of drivers for same model.

Device is visible in device manager without any error. When I tried running 3D Mark 11 to test what was wrong i found this

" 3D Mark 11 has found Direct X 11 system files but your graphic adapter reports that it supports only Direct X 0_0. "

DXDIAG is showing normal results

Sunday, June 21, 2015 9:05 PM

Answers

• Hi Nawaz,

We can try the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer tool included in the following link.
    How to install the latest version of DirectX
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113

According to the error message, this issue is more likely related the Nvidia adapter, we also can try to ask for help from the Nvidia forum.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 7:32 AM

All replies

• You need to discuss this with NVidia, not Microsoft.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Sunday, June 21, 2015 9:52 PM
  • Hi Nawaz,

We can try the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer tool included in the following link.
    How to install the latest version of DirectX
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113

According to the error message, this issue is more likely related the Nvidia adapter, we also can try to ask for help from the Nvidia forum.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 7:32 AM