failed-connection error code 1355 RRS feed

• Question

•  

When trying to connect to another forest DC I get the following error message: failed-connection error code 1355

I temp disabled the firewall service on the dc, I'm able to authenticate, but I cannot get the containers in the other forest

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 8:16 AM

Answers

•  Gert Albertse wrote:

When trying to connect to another forest DC I get the following error message: failed-connection error code 1355

I temp disabled the firewall service on the dc, I'm able to authenticate, but I cannot get the containers in the other forest

1355 translates to ERROR_NO_SUCH_DOMAIN and is usually related to a DNS problem. You need to make sure that you've got DNS setup correctly such that you can correctly resolve the SRV records in the other forest.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 8:53 AM
  • To add on to Paul’s response…

In the MIIS Reskit, you can find a tool called MIISDCInfo.

You can use this tool to troubleshoot LDAP ping related issues.

When you configure an ADMA, ILM sends such a LDAP ping to the network in an attempt to locate a DC for the configured forest.

A miss configured DNS configuration is one possible problem for a failing LDAP ping.

Another one is a firewall that blocks certain ports – including the MSRPC port.

What you can try to get around the issue if it is firewall related, is to enter the IP address of a target DC as forest and domain name instead of the related string values.

In case of already configured MAs, you can also configure preferred DCs in form of IP addresses.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Markus

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Markus Vilcinskas

Technical Writer
    Microsoft Identity Integration Server
    mailto:markvi@microsoft.com.NO_SPAM

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
    http://www.microsoft.com/info/copyright.htm

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 11:11 AM

All replies

•  Gert Albertse wrote:

1355 translates to ERROR_NO_SUCH_DOMAIN and is usually related to a DNS problem. You need to make sure that you've got DNS setup correctly such that you can correctly resolve the SRV records in the other forest.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 8:53 AM
  • To add on to Paul’s response…

In the MIIS Reskit, you can find a tool called MIISDCInfo.

You can use this tool to troubleshoot LDAP ping related issues.

When you configure an ADMA, ILM sends such a LDAP ping to the network in an attempt to locate a DC for the configured forest.

A miss configured DNS configuration is one possible problem for a failing LDAP ping.

Another one is a firewall that blocks certain ports – including the MSRPC port.

What you can try to get around the issue if it is firewall related, is to enter the IP address of a target DC as forest and domain name instead of the related string values.

In case of already configured MAs, you can also configure preferred DCs in form of IP addresses.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Markus

Markus Vilcinskas

Technical Writer
    Microsoft Identity Integration Server
    mailto:markvi@microsoft.com.NO_SPAM

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
    http://www.microsoft.com/info/copyright.htm

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 11:11 AM
  • Hi,

we can do this in two ways 

1)Add the host name and ip addres of the targe doman controller in the host entry of the ILM server, 

the host file is located at "c:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts" this will resolve the domain controller name of the target domain.

2) Add the  dns server ip address of the target  doamin controller in the advance TCP/IP settings.
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 3:05 PM
  • This will not help you in case of error 1355 since the error means "domain not found" and not  "DC not found"...

Cheers,
    Markus
    Markus Vilcinskas, Technical Content Developer, Microsoft Corporation
    Friday, September 18, 2009 5:42 PM